What does Lai mean in Thai?
adjective: is silly / is nonsense / is absurd.
What does the Thai word mean?
Thai Add to list Share. Thai things have something to do with the country of Thailand, its culture and people, or the language spoken there. Many people enjoy Thai food. Thai is Thailand’s official language. … The word Thai, originally Tai, means “free.”
What does Mai Dai mean in Thai?
Its literal meaning is ” I didn’t hear“. The equivalent statement about eating would be mai dai gin “I didn’t eat”
What does Pai mean in Thai?
pai. We have already seen two forms of Thai greeting, “Are you well” and “Have you eaten”. A third employs the word pai, or “go”: pai nai mah, or “Where have you been”.
What does Chai Mai mean in Thai?
Chai/Mai chai/Mai ow: Yes/No/No thanks. Chai is yes. Mai chai is no. Mai at the start of a sentence negates the meaning. So it literally means no yes.
Is Thai a dying language?
Despite the fact that an estimated six million people speak the language it is under threat of extinction due to the fact that younger generations are not being taught the vernacular. … Thailand’s hill tribe communities (minority groups) speak an array of different languages many of which are endangered including Akha.
Are Thai people Chinese?
Thailand has the largest overseas Chinese community in the world outside Greater China. 11 to 14 percent of Thailand’s population are considered ethnic Chinese. The Thai linguist Theraphan Luangthongkum claim the share of those having at least partial Chinese ancestry at about 40 percent of the Thai population.
What should I avoid in Thailand?
Top 10 things to avoid in Thailand
- Swim at the southern Andaman beaches in the low season. …
- Hire a motorbike. …
- Go to tiger or animal shows. …
- Go to zoos. …
- Ride an elephant. …
- Get in a taxi or tuk tuk before negotiating your fare. …
- Sign contracts without advice from a qualified Thai lawyer. …
- Get in an argument with Thai police.
Can you kiss in Thailand?
* It is not polite to express your private affection by hugging and kissing your partener in public places. Holding hands is OK for foreigners, but rarely seen at locals.
How do you say baby girl in Thai?
Most common words to call your lover
- ที่รัก /tîi-rák/ = my dear, my love.
- คนดี /kon-dii/ = my good girl, my good little one, my baby girl.
- ตัวเอง /dtua-eeng/
- อ้วน /ûan/ = chubby, fatty.
What does noo mean in Thai?
THAI LANGUAGE LESSONS L12 – Pronouns & Titles
|tahn||you (polite and formal)|
|noo||you (from an elder to a child or younger)|
|gair||you (informal and rough sounding)|