How long does it take from Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh?
How long does it take from Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh City?
- Travel by plane (direct flights) from Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon) takes about 2 hours.
- Travel by train from Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon) takes about 32-37 hours.
- Travel by tourist bus from Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon) takes about 38-45 hours.
Does Vietnam have a good train system?
Operated by national carrier, Vietnam Railways (www.vr.com.vn), the Vietnamese railway system is an ageing but pretty dependable service, and offers a relaxing way to get around the nation. Travelling in an air-conditoned sleeping berth sure beats a hairy overnight bus journey along Hwy 1.
What should I avoid in Vietnam?
There are some things, however, that are best avoided.
- Tap water. Might as well start with the obvious one. …
- Strange meat. We don’t mean street meat, as street food in Vietnam is amazing. …
- Roadside coffee. …
- Uncooked vegetables. …
- Raw blood pudding. …
- Cold soups. …
- Dog meat. …
How many days do you need in Ho Chi Minh?
With three days you’ll have ample opportunity to enjoy the best of Ho Chi Minh City and what makes it special. Despite the pace of the city, you won’t need to rush to make your way through our Ho Chi Minh City travel itinerary. Following this guide you’ll get to see many sides to the city of Saigon.
How many days should I spend in Hanoi?
Hanoi is truly a multi-layered city where periods of foreign occupation are apparent on every corner. We recommend spending three days in Hanoi to truly get a good feel for the city, especially if you’re a first time visitor.
Can you take a train from Thailand to Vietnam?
Thailand to Vietnam by train
At present, no railway connections have been made directly between Thailand and Vietnam so you will have to travel through a third country. You can currently travel by train via Cambodia or Laos.
How do you get around in Vietnam?
Buses are the main mode of transport for locals in Vietnam, but travellers tend to prefer planes, trains and automobiles.
- Train Reasonably priced and comfortable enough in air-conditioned carriages (and sleepers). …
- Plane Cheap if you book ahead, and the network is pretty comprehensive.
Can you travel from Portugal to Vietnam by train?
Portugal to Vietnam by train will take you 12 to 13 days to complete, or approximately 327 hours, time zone changes included. … Portugal to Vietnam by train will entail extensive hours on the train, the longest on this journey being six days, plus long layovers.
How fast do trains go in Vietnam?
National railway company Vietnam Railways has proposed a high-speed rail link between Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City, capable of running at speeds of 300 km/h (186 mph).
Why did the French build roads and railway network in Vietnam?
The French build roads and railway networks in Vietnam to improve supply of cargo and to improve the communications.
How do I book train tickets in Vietnam?
It is simple, you can book and buy train+bus e-ticket in Vietnam online.
- Book E-Tickets Online. …
- For bookings with Vietnam Railways and private railway companies Livitrans Express and Violette Train, you will be required to complete the payment before submitting your order.