What are the three general divisions of Philippine literature?
The literature has three major categories, namely prose, poetry and plays.
What are the general divisions of Philippine literature?
- 1.1 Poetry and metrical romances.
- 1.2 Prose.
- 1.3 Dramas. 1.3.1 Religious. 1.3.2 Secular.
What are the 2 types of prose?
What are the two main types of prose?
- Nonfictional prose. Prose that is a true story or factual account of events or information is nonfiction.
- Fictional prose. A literary work of fiction.
- Heroic prose. …
- Prose poetry.
What are the elements in literature?
A literary element refers to components of a literary work (character, setting, plot, theme, frame, exposition, ending/denouement, motif, titling, narrative point-‐of-‐view). These are technical terms for the “what” of a work.
What are poetic elements?
As with narrative, there are “elements” of poetry that we can focus on to enrich our understanding of a particular poem or group of poems. These elements may include, voice, diction, imagery, figures of speech, symbolism and allegory, syntax, sound, rhythm and meter, and structure.
What are the types of literature?
The 14 Main Literary Genres
- Literary Fiction. Literary fiction novels are considered works with artistic value and literary merit. …
- Mystery. Mystery novels, also called detective fiction, follow a detective solving a case from start to finish. …
- Thriller. …
- Horror. …
- Historical. …
- Romance. …
- Western. …
How many themes are there in literature?
Six common themes in literature are: Good vs. evil.