What are major imports of Vietnam?
Vietnam main imports are computers, electrical products and parts (18 percent of total imports) and machine, instruments and accessories (16 percent). Others include: telephones, mobile phones and parts thereof (8 percent); textile fabrics (5 percent) and iron and steel (4 percent).
What are Vietnam’s main imports and exports?
Vietnam Exports and Imports of Product Groups 2019
- Vietnam Raw materials exports are worth US$ 20,125 million, product share of 7.61%.
- Vietnam Raw materials imports are worth US$ 26,300 million, product share of 10.38%.
- Vietnam Intermediate goods exports are worth US$ 33,652 million, product share of 12.72%.
What is Vietnam’s biggest export?
- Electrical machinery, equipment: US$153.5 billion (44.1% of total exports)
- Machinery including computers: $23.9 billion (6.9%)
- Footwear: $23.8 billion (6.8%)
- Clothing, accessories (not knit or crochet): $15.5 billion (4.5%)
- Furniture, bedding, lighting, signs, prefab buildings: $15.5 billion (4.4%)
What is Vietnam known for producing?
Machinery, petroleum products, iron, steel, garments, and leather account for the bulk of Vietnam’s imports. Most of these products fuel the country’s expanding industrial sector.
What can I export to Vietnam?
Vietnam has signed Free Trade Agreements with numerous countries which will inevitably boost growth, imports, and exports.
- Fruits and Vegetables.
- Tea and Coffee.
- Food Ingredients.
- Fine Food.
- Food Technology.
Why is Vietnam so poor?
The majority of the poor are farmers. In 1998 almost 80 percent of the poor worked in agriculture. The majority of the poor live in rural, isolated, mountainous or disaster prone areas, where physical infrastructure and public service are relatively undeveloped. The poor often lack production means and cultivated land.
Is Vietnam still communist?
Government of Vietnam
The Socialist Republic of Vietnam is a one-party state. A new state constitution was approved in April 1992, replacing the 1975 version. The central role of the Communist Party was reasserted in all organs of government, politics and society.
What percentage of Vietnam is wealthy?
By its own estimates, the most affluent 20 percent of the population is seven times better off than the poorest two percent. According to the CIA World Factbook Household income or consumption by percentage share: lowest 10 percent: 3.2 percent; highest 10 percent: 30.2 percent (2008).