How do you say cheers in Cambodia?
Choul mouy (chull muy)/ cheers.
What is Bong in Cambodia?
Bong (bong) / “brother” or “sister”
If you’re heading to Cambodia, then bong is a word you’re going to pick up pretty quickly because everyone is your bong. Directly translating as “brother”, it is also used for women — although “sister” is bong srei — and can refer to a friend, peer, lover or someone slightly older.
What is the basic greetings in Cambodia?
Basic Khmer greetings and essentials
- Chom reap sour [chom-reap-sore] – Hello (formal)
- Susadei [soos-a-day] – Hello (informal)
- Soksaby [soks-a-bye] – How are you and I am fine. …
- Chom reap lear [chom-reep-lear] – Goodbye (formal) …
- Lee hi [lee-hi] – Goodbye (informal) …
- Jah [chaa] – Yes (female) …
- Ot teh [ot-tei] – No.
What does BA mean in Khmer?
b.a. bachelor of arts in Khmer.
How do you say Grandma in Cambodian?
Cambodia: The official language is Khmer, and a grandma is Yeay or Yiey.
How are you in Cambodia language?
Basic expressions / Common Words
|Good morning / Good evening||Sou sdey|
|How are you?||Sok sabay|
|Fine, thank you, and you?||Sok sabay. Tcho néa végn ?|
|I understand / I don’t understand||At jol|
How do you greet someone in Khmer?
Cambodians traditionally greet each other with palms together, in a manner of prayer. They lift up their hands to the chest level and bow slightly. This is called Som Pas. In general, the higher the hands and lower the bow, the more respect is being shown.
What is hello in Swahili?
There are basically five ways to say hello in Swahili:
– nzuri (nZOOree) (fine) U hali gani? (oo HAlee GAnee) (how are you) – njema (fine) Shikamoo (a young person to an elder) – marahaba. For casual interactions: mambo?
How do you pronounce Khmer in Cambodian?
The correct pronunciation of Khmer in the Khmer language is Km-ah-eh.
What is good afternoon in Cambodia?
More videos on YouTube