In the Philippines alone, there were almost 74 million Facebook users as of 2019. Furthermore, it held nearly 93 percent of the country’s social media market share as of 2020.
Leading social media platforms among internet users in the Philippines in 3rd quarter 2020.
|Characteristic||Share of respondents|
What percentage of Filipinos use the Internet?
In 2020, about 73 percent of the population in the Philippines was using the internet.
Internet user penetration in the Philippines from 2017 to 2020, with forecasts until 2026.
|Characteristic||Share of population|
How many percent use Facebook in the Philippines?
There were 73 170 000 Facebook users in Philippines in January 2020, which accounted for 65% of its entire population. The majority of them were women – 53%. People aged 18 to 24 were the largest user group (24 000 000).
In the third quarter of 2020, the average daily time spent using the internet among the surveyed respondents in the Philippines was approximately 10.6 hours according to Datareportal. In addition, the surveyed respondents spent approximately 4.15 hours on social media.
Who is the king of TikTok in Philippines?
Alphonso Davies is referred to as the King Of Tiktok.
The King Of Tiktok In India, Philippines.
|Country||King Of Tiktok|
What is the fastest Internet in the Philippines?
As of July 2021, Smart Communications provided the fastest internet speed of 47.52 Mbps in the Philippines. PLDT, formerly the Philippine Long Distance Telephone, was the next fastest internet service provider with an internet download speed of 41.75 Mbps.
How many Filipinos use mobile data?
In 2021, 82.3 million people used their mobile phones in the Philippines.
Number of mobile phone users in the Philippines from 2017 to 2025 (in millions)
|Characteristic||Number of mobile phone internet users in millions|
The popularity of social networking in the Philippines can be traced in the Filipinos’ culture of “friends helping friends.” For Filipinos, their friends and who they know can become more valuable than money, especially when what they need can be achieved through nepotism, favoritism, and friendship among others.
What age group uses Facebook the most in the Philippines?
As of March 2019, 86 percent of the surveyed social media users in the Philippines aged between 18 to 24 years stated having a Facebook account. On the other hand, only 14 percent of the respondents aged 55 years and above had Facebook account.